Recent Posts

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Crafty Christmas

So I got pretty crafty this Christmas with a few of my gifts...

Here is a necklace I made (for myself), but I made one just like it in turquoise for a friend and I took one of the rosettes and made a headband out of it for my niece

I stole this idea from here

Second...I made these cute picture things for my sisters, niece, and nephew
[They are pictured in their gift boxes, that's what all the white stuff it around them]

This was all my idea and its quite easy

I just went to Hobby Lobby and bought five things...
(1) already die cut and scalloped rectangle piece of wood
(2) spray paint (which ever color of your liking)
(3) the picture hanger (shown below)
(4) sand paper
(5) mod podge glue
*Then of course you'll need the picture you want and I just print mine at my printer at home, but you need to make sure you print it on card stock*

Directions:
1. Sand the purchase wood so it's smooth and soft
2. Dust all the saw dust off
3. Spray paint one side of the block of wood [wait till it dries]
4. Turn the block of wood over and spray paint the other side [wait till it dries]
5. Sand the wood against just a little bit on the edges to get it a raw look
6. Print picture and cut it to size against the block of wood
7. Put mod podge on the picture and glue it straight to the block of wood
*If you like you can paint mod podge (with a paintbrush) over the picture which will give it a glossy look, but for these I didn't because I liked the raw look
8. Then you can embellish the rest of the frame however you like, you can glue jewels on it or put a phrase like I did!
Try it out and if you do I would love to know how it goes!

0 Thoughts: