Recent Posts

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Alabama Trip with Katie

On the afternoon of New Years I left with Katie and her mom for Alabama. We left to visit Katie's grandpa and his wife. I had previously made this trip already this year, so it was familiar and more fun this time around. We celebrated a late Christmas with them, visited the Space and Rocket Center, and played games at the house.
Many pictures to follow....I can't get enough photos of Katie



We had a traditional Christmas dinner
[I tried black eyed peas for the first time]



A tradition in Katie's family is to light a few real candles on the tree and sing Silent Night before opening presents, it was quite nice!

Katie ready to open presents

Katie's grandpa

Katie's Emmie


Space and Rocket Center

Ginormous rocket INSIDE the building

Toni and Katie giving you scale for the HUGE rocket

This picture was for Jared
[The "all-terrain" moon vehicle]



We also got to visit the traveling exhibit which was Narnia. Of course we couldn't take pictures inside. The exhibit was pretty neat it had a lot of the costume they used in the movie.

Having fun in the gift shop
Me in a official NASA jacket






Later, the cousins came to visit

And we played a lot of "Just Dance" on the Wii, even grandpa




Yet another great trip with my Katie and many more to come
[I hate to think about the day when I will have to stop "officially" taking care of my angel]

1 Thoughts:

Melanie said...

Love the picture of Katie in the hat! She looks like she's thinking "Ugh, why do you do these things to me!" HAHA Love her! Can't even think about not taking care of her, it makes me too sad, and I haven't even been taking care of her that long!