Recent Posts

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Anniversary Festivities

Jared and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary on August 3rd.
I received the annual bouquet of hydrangeas, which by the way NEVER gets old!

This years anniversary theme was "leather/crystal/glass" so we both decided that we need to get passports, so we can start planning out of the country trips. As a result we got each other cute leather passport holders, just like the ones above, but in different colors! And we will be getting our passports very soon!

Because our Anniversary was on a Tuesday and we were busy we decided to celebrate that Friday night by going out to dinner in Atlanta at The Sun Dial Restaurant. I have always wanted to have dinner at this place, since my first time I went to Atlanta and saw it. The Sun Dial is at the top of The Westin Peachtree Plaza Hotel in Atlanta which is the tallest hotel in the western hemisphere. You take a glass elevator up the side of the hotel looking out on all of Atlanta as you go up. Then you eat on a "sun dial" that rotates one revolution around the top of the hotel in 1 hour. Let me just tell you that Atlanta is simply breathtaking at night 723 feet up from the ground.
(The picture above was taken while driving into Atlanta...I was just a little excited to say the least)

The blue mess of lights in the distance is Tuner Field (Atlanta Braves country)

Jared eating his scrumptious steak

Me...enjoying my "sparkling water"

The picture does not do it justice, but this was my absolute favorite view from The Sun Dial. It was of all the busy cars driving...the city looked so alive!

I liked this picture of myself (humble, I know)

Jared and I agreed that this is our favorite restaurant that we have been to since we've been married. The atmosphere was very serene, the food was yummy, and who doesn't like to get all fancied up? You can check it out here!
Quick Funny story: As we were sitting enjoying the ambiance and each others company Jared and I began to talk about how nice it would be if we could be frequenters of The Sun Dial. Then we started naming off people who would be frequenters or that would really like it and Jared randomly says, "Superman would defiantly like this place." I said, "What?" He said, "Ya, this would be a place that Superman would come eat at." I said, "Oookay little boy, you are so silly." It was very funny. Jared is so childish at heart and I love that about him!

2 Thoughts:

lillie said...

Your hair looks so good in those pics. Looks like you had fun.

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

I love that pic of you too!!! Do you care if I take that pic of your hair to my new hairdresser here in Little Rock as an example of what I want?