Recent Posts

Monday, May 18, 2009

Grey's Anatomy Party Yummies

Last Thursday was the big 2 hour Season Finale of Grey's Anatomy, so I decided to have a little party for my Grey watchin' friends! I love having little parties because I get to try out new recipes. So here were the ones I tried out...
Balsamic Strawberry Salsa
.6 tablespoons olive oil.
.2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar.
.1/2 teaspoon salt.
.1 pint fresh strawberries, coarsely chopped.
.8 green onions, chopped.
.2 pints grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, coarsely chopped.
.1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro.
Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; add strawberries and remaining ingredients, tossing to coat. Cover and chill at at least 1 hour. Serve with Corn Chips. Yield: 4 cups.
(Southern Living Cookbook)
*I added some sugar to mine to sweeten it up*
This is a very different salsa, it has different reviews, but if you like anything balsamic then you'll like it!
Miniature Tomato Sandwiches
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
1 French baguette
4 plum tomatoes, sliced
Stir together mayonnaise, cream cheese, basil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; cover and chill 8 hours, if desired. Cut baguette into 16 slices. Spread cheese mixture on baguette slices. Top with tomato, and sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Yield: 16 appetizers.
(Southern Living Cookbook)
*I sprinkled Parmesan cheese on the top of mine*
I love tomatoes...so for me this recipe was very easy and tasted so fresh! This is the perfect summer appetizer!
Chocolate Cover Pretzels
1 bag pretzel rods
1 package chocolate flavored bark coating
This was the first time I have made these and they're SOO easy and yummy. You can really use any type of chocolate, but I found that the fondant type chocolate cools and hardens the best. I did half plain and the other half I rolled in almonds, but you could get even more creative if you want!
P.S. The Grey's Anatomy Finale was very good! For those of you who are Grey's Anatomy watchers...do you really think Izzy died? I hope not...but what do you think?

5 Thoughts:

Miss Sarah in Georgia said...

Yum! Looks delicious. What did you put the strawberry salsa on? Corn chips or something else?

I think Izzy and George are both dead. Sad, I know, but I heard somewhere that both actors were interested in leaving the show, so the deaths weren't a surprise to me, although the way they passed was very intense.

Krista said...

I'm going to have to try those little tomato sandwiches... I am craving them RIGHT NOW!! Yum! Thanks for sharing Katy!

The Clanton Gang said...

Girl, you are a little Miss Martha Stewart, aren't you? (although MUCH cuter and sweeter!) I love making party food. We should have a Yummy Appetizer Foods Party. :) See ya soon!

Jaime said...

I like these recipies! i'll have to try. and my bro and sis-n-law are coming in about 3 weeks!

Emily Green said...

It's so hard to tell whether or not they are going to die! (at least for me) I'm sure Heigl is leaving the show though :( I wish she wouldn't though!