Recent Posts

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Remembering and Never Forgetting

As mentioned in previous posts Jared's brother Josh was killed while serving in Iraq last year. September 22 of last month marked the one year Anniversary of his death. So Jared, me, his family, and Jason (Jared's unofficial brother) and his g/f Katie went to remember him at his grave site. I wanted to blog about this because amongst the sadness it was a very good experience. Jean decided to bring yellow balloons (yellow signifying honor) and we each wrote a special note to Josh on the balloon in permanent marker. Then we released them at the same time and watched them float up to the sky "hoping that he would receive our messages in heaven." We also scattered yellow rose petals and each shared a funny story about Josh. We our honored to have had him in our family and admire him for duty he served for our country. Josh is remembered in our daily thoughts and prayers. We miss and love you Josh. "God be with you till me meet again..."









3 Thoughts:

Lacey said...

How beautiful. That must have been such a great experience.

Tiffany said...

Now I've gone and cried. How sweet. I think about him and his sacrifice a lot and I'm forever grateful to him and others who have made the ultimate sacrifice for my freedoms. Thanks for sharing.

Mary Ann said...

What a wonderful way to remember a man who gave the ultimate sacrifice.