Recent Posts

Saturday, June 28, 2008

NYC Day 1

May 29- The first day we spent driving to New York in Grey Hound. We left at 6:30a.m. and arrived around 11:00p.m. It was a LONG day but we got to watch movies on the bus so that helped.

May 30- Our first day in the city we shopped at Rockefeller center, where we saw the Today show. Then toured Radio City Music Hall, which I definitely recommend touring. At Radio City we also met a real Rockette :) Then we walked around Central Park, went inside The Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine. The Cathedral was VERY pretty. Went to Grand Central Station during rush hour, ate REAL New York style pizza, walked around Times Square forever and ended the night hanging out with the Naked Cowgirl.


The whole gang before we left

"On the Double Dutch Bus" - Raven

Rockefeller Center
Radio City Music Hall

The Beautiful Rockette

I'm a Rockette too.....NOT


This law was made in New York a long time ago...they say it cut down a lot on honking, but I still think there is WAY to much because it is not enforced

Me and Caroline, we reenacted a picture we took from our trip to New York with show choir when I was in High School. This is on top of the little castle in Central Park. After seeing Enchanted I will never look at Central Park the same... I love it

RANDOM beautiful peacock in the middle of the city, we were shouting at it to flare its feathers and it just looked at us like we were very dumb

This is at the Cathedral. This was sculpted in 1999 after a Bible verse depicting the end of the world and the sculptor depicted the end of the world as the twin towers falling and what happened two years later....? Spooky!

This is outside Grand Central Station and I had to take a picture of it because it reminded me of the movie I Am Legend where the creepy people hung Will Smith upside down and the sun started to set, that was Jared and I favorite part.

John's Pizza...fun fact: real New York pizza is only made in a coal-fired brick oven!

mmmm...pizza...mmmm

We don't drink alcohol we drink Hershey's Syrup, watch out for that rush...

Times Square

Yes I wasn't lying...the naked cow-girl...I think the picture explains itself...although I must say she was very nice!

7 Thoughts:

Mary Ann said...

First of all I have to say, your brother is so cute! I mean, really. Your trip looks like it was so much fun!

Amanda and Daniel McLain said...

The Naked CowGIRL.. I didn't know she existed! I have pictures with the Naked CowBOY from NYC. I bet she is a knock off of him :-) Looks like you had fun!

Charlotta-love said...

that is a LOT of syrup. and that is one naked cowgirl. wow...fun times.

Stephanie said...

Were those dollars in the naked cowgirl's straps from you and David?

Anonymous said...

You're such a doll! Looks like you had fun!

Natalie said...

First: nasty naked cowgirl. Girlfriend, leave the fake'n baking, and stop smoking. Gross.
Second: Katy, you look amazing in all of these pictures, you hide swelling very well. You're adorable, it looks like it was a fun trip.

Julia Gulia said...

Lol, that pic of David and the Hershey's syrup is absolutely priceless.