Recent Posts

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Carnival in Town

These pictures are from May, but you can't say I didn't warn you.... Ever since I saw the movie Charly I always wanted to go to a carnival with Jared and ride the Ferris Wheel. So when the carnival came to town I begged Jared to go. We of course rode on the Ferris Wheel, YAY! And boy did I forget how high they go, none the less it was very romantic, we even shared some smooches at the very top! It was the first time Jared and I had gone to a carnival together, it was a lot of fun! We went with our good friends Josh and Natalie and then ran into a bunch more people from church which made it even more fun!



Me on the rocker in the fun house


"Mr. Rafferty I would like you to meet my fiance. He's just proposed and you are the first one we've told. Sam and I would like to ride your Ferris Wheel for a long time....understand" -Charly


Natalie and Josh

Crazy spinning ride...almost made me sick....

You can hardly see this but it says "Manufactured especially for REEVES..." woah we have carnival toys just for us!

Jared and I on the top on the fun house

6 Thoughts:

Amber said...

I love that part of Charly!!!(okay, I love the whole movie....just not a great movie to watch right after being diagnosed with cancer....didn't think that one through!)

Maybe I'll get Bart to take me on a Ferris Wheel someday, and pretend that I'm Charly!

ps. you look like you're recovering very well...you can't even tell anymore.

Natalie said...

Yay I love carnivals!!! We had so much fun...I can't wait to go again :)

JR said...

Sooo fun! You're a romantic at heart.. just like me. Charly is one of my favorite movies; of course I can hardly ever watch it because I cry uncontrollably the whole time. What a fun date!!

Mary Ann said...

If I remember correctly we saw ya'll there or maybe earlier at the mall. It was fun!

Charis said...

I just LOVE that movie and the soundtrack. Glad Jared got to take you on the Ferris Wheel - the are so fun.

Mary Mitchell said...

If only the ferris wheel at the mall were as romantic as the one in the movie! I wish =)!