Recent Posts

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January 29th...

The actual day of my Birthday began with a Public Relations Workshop that I attended to get ideas as the fund raising person for UGA Special Olympics. Then I came home hoping to head to Atlanta with Jared, but I remembered that there was a kitchen to be cleaned and mountains of laundry to be folded. I could have just left them and maybe I should have, but it stressed me to think that the following VERY busy week would leave me without time to get these things done...four hours later and a birthday visit from my mom and I was finally able to get ready to go to Atlanta not to go window shopping like I wanted (because we ran out of time) instead we headed straight for Jared's hockey game....
The next few hours were a bit to be desired...I dropped Jared off because he has to get to his games early for team meetings. Then I went to the jewelry store to drop mine and Jared's wedding rings off to get re-plated with silver. Then I had 30 minutes to window shop at the nearby mall (not nearly enough time, but still a moment of bliss). Then I hurried back to the Ice Forum so as to not miss Jared's game. 
I waited and waited for the coach to put him in, but NO because the game was neck-n-neck the whole time. Well, by the 3rd period I was a little frustrated because my man is good and I wish they could just see what I see. So I was going to leave the game to go pick up rings because for sure they were to be done by then, but WHAT DO I SEE? 9:05....WHAT? The jewelry store closes at 9:00. No rings....GREAT! So I sat there sulking asking myself questions like {will people notice I don't have a ring on? will nasty guys think i'm single and available now? WILL PRETTY GIRLS THINK JARED'S AVAILABLE NOW?} As I continued thinking absurd things Jared's game went into overtime and then they LOST and he never got to play.
Thankfully we still had time to get to the Mall of Georgia to eat at one of my favorite restaurants Macaroni Grill. I ordered a Mango Italian Soda, which by the way was much needed. Then Jared and I decided to try their Calamari for an appetizer....yea NOT very good, it wasn't breaded enough! Then we went ahead with our orders, I always order the SALMON because its always AMAZING, but this time...not so much...I wasn't impressed. Here I am sitting thinking "Come on world, don't you know its my birthday?" Then I had a brilliant idea to ask our waitress if I could get a free dessert because it was my birthday. She said, "ABSOLUTELY!" 
Then the beast part of my actual birthday occured. This lady comes to our table {who looked very official and manager-y} with my piece of TO DIE FOR CHOCOLATE CAKE and a lite candle! She said, "I am going to sing Happy Birthday to you, but I'm all by myself tonight." I said, "Oh, no you don't have to do that I just wanted the dessert." But she insisted that she sing and I spin a napkin around the top of my head....SERIOUSLY? i JUST WANT TO EAT MY CAKE. So I'm thinking she is going to sing some happy obnoxious Italian birthday song with choreographed clapping and the whole bit. But OH NO....she sang to me Happy Birthday in Italian in a very professional, opera, actually sort of good voice with vibrato and everything. Jared and I were both in COMPLETE shock. {Little Video below} Thanks goodness we were practically the only ones left in the restaurant. I totally loved it though, she strummed the perfect cord that turned my day right side up! Then Jared and I finished my birthday devouring my yummy chocolate birthday cake!
THE END
{I realize it wasn't the worst day ever, it could have been a lot worse, just let me be a little dramatic ok?}

Trying to put on a happy face


Laughing from the shock of the lady singing to me

Lady Singing to Me

The BEST chocolate cake I have ever tasted

My Babe and I

Random



And now I'm just left being 23...

0 Thoughts: