The other weekend Jared had an intense hockey game against Tennessee. They of course won, but Jared got into his first hockey "fight." I always told him that if someone tried to start something, that he should be the bigger person and just walk away, but my feelings changed. His opponent threw a punch and Jared said later, "What was I suppose to do just stand there?" Well, "no I guess not" I thought. So he punched back! (Keep in mind they have helmets, gloves, and tons of padding on so I'm sure they can't even feel it, which is why I think it's sort of dumb to fight, but oh well). Nonetheless the referee had to take him off the ice, but the game had less than 2 minutes left, so it was no big deal. After the game I was dieing to know if Jared's coach was going to be mad at him, but he said that everyone including the coach thought it was awesome and he was even given the "game beer" for the night, of which he just let everyone else drink. It was quite a night to remember. Oh and THEY WON!
My baby and I before the game started
Giving Jared some pointers...:)
Warming Up
National Anthem
Mom and I
Referee taking Jared off the ice
Asking Jared, "What was that all about??"
| Gotta love my big hockey player!! The next night UGA played Ga Tech and WON! Unfortunately, this was the only picture I took, but the girls and I were amazing fans! |

1 Thoughts:
How did I never know Jared played for UGA?! Crazy cool!
Post a Comment