Recent Posts

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Weekend Movie Line Up

This past Martin Luther King Jr. weekend Jared had a big hockey tournament in Savannah Georgia from Thursday to Sunday night. School was canceled for me because of the snow, so I had the "big" house all to myself. To keep my night occupied I went to the local vision video and decided to rent a bunch of movies and the rule I gave myself is that they had to be ones I hadn't seen before. Now that I have watched them I'll give you a mini review.

This is a GREAT movie, but I really don't want to tell you anything about it. It was recommended by a follow blogger a while back, so I knew nothing about it which I think made the movie even more great!
[5 Stars * * * * *]


I first have to say that this might be the first movie I have seen with Angelina Jolie in it because I still feel as though she is a home wrecker to the max, so I vowed to never watch a movie with her in it. Well, I heard this one was good, so I broke the vow. I will say watching her did bother me though, but I got through it
This has some great action scenes. It was good up until the end. It built up this HUGE story line and then left you hanging...yea....one of those. I would give this 4 stars, but because of Angelina...
[3 Stars * * *]


I know I know your saying, "You have never seen this? What?" And your right, I have never seen this movie, the series, or read the book. I had always heard people use terms such as, "I found my Mr. Darcy" or "Where's my Mr. Darcy" now I know what they mean.
This movie was absolutely wonderful, I recommend it to anyone and everyone. Even Jared said that he has seen it before and liked it.
[And it's really okay if you have never seen it before]
[5 Stars * * * * *]

I saw the cover of this movie in the drama section and got it because I thought that I had seen every movie with Sandra Bullock in it because she is one of my favorites, but apparently not. This movie is a little depressing/sad, but nonetheless good. It is set during WWI, so it was a little odd for me to watching Sandra Bullock play a role during that time period because I feel as though she has a very modern face, but it was still a great love story.
[4 Stars * * * * *]


This is such a feel good movie. Based on a true story it is quite amazing how with a lot of persistence and unfailing faith, you can get what you need. The acting isn't the best, but it is worth your time if you need a good uplift.
[4 Stars * * * *]


It really surprises me what PG13 can get away with these days. During the movie I kept looking back at the cover to see if it was rated R, but it wasn't. This movie is not really worth watching, although I do like Emma Stone (the main character) she is quite funny. It's not the worst I've ever seen, but I don't recommend it, save your eyes.
[2 Stars * *]


Have YOU seen any of these movies?
If you haven't, rent em', watch em' and let me know what you think!

3 Thoughts:

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

I'm with you on Angelina being a homewrecker! Team Jen all the way!!!!!!!! I cringe when I watch movies with her in it too! As for the P&P with Kiera Knightley - Can't stand her! The BBC version of it is a closer version of the book & I love that one!!!! Id you haven't read it, read it then watch the BBC series P&P and you'll be even more in love!!!!!!!!! FUN POST TO READ!

Charlotta-love said...

Oh, I cried when I watched Boy in the Striped Pajamas.

...and I haven't seen P&P either. lol

Julia Gulia said...

Oh, I'm so glad you posted this. I've been wanting to see The Boy in the Striped Pajamas since Thanksgiving and haven't had the chance. And of course, I want to see Extraordinary Measures because of the Harrison Ford factor, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I was worried it'd be to cheesy, so I'm glad you gave it a good review!