In September I was able to make one of my wildest dreams come true, I still sort think it's a dream. I was able to meet my favorite lady Jessica Simpson. I have been a fan for quite some time. I sort of try to keep it a secret, but most people know now. A week before the special day I saw a post on her twitter page about a premier she was going to have for her new Jeans line at a Belk in Charlotte, North Carolina. I immediately Googled the address, "four hours, I could do that." Then I called the Belk and talked to a manager to make sure that it was legit and it was. The rest of the week I tried to convince various people to come with me, but no one was able with such late notice. After a lot of persuasion to Jared about going by myself, the trip was on!
I woke up very early, so that I would arrive when the Belk opened. Anyone could meet Jessica, but you had to buy $50.00 worth of her merchandise, then you would get a pass and wait in line. I bought a new pair of her "jeggings" got my pass and waited in line from 10:00a.m. till 1:30p.m. She finally arrived and I began to get very nervous. I was about the 20th person in line. Her security wouldn't let anyone take a picture with her, so I got someone in line to take a quick picture while I was talking with her. Oh and by the way all I remember saying to her was, "You are so lovely." What was I thinking, I guess I was too nervous to think clearly. I then got a signed picture with her and a cute little tote bag. I stayed and watched until everyone went through the line and she left. I think deep down I was hoping she would see me in the crowd and invite me to dinner with her or something crazy. (Silly, I know) It was a great experience, but I was very tired from driving and fatigued from not eating very well, so next time I see her, hopefully it will be even better!
I woke up very early, so that I would arrive when the Belk opened. Anyone could meet Jessica, but you had to buy $50.00 worth of her merchandise, then you would get a pass and wait in line. I bought a new pair of her "jeggings" got my pass and waited in line from 10:00a.m. till 1:30p.m. She finally arrived and I began to get very nervous. I was about the 20th person in line. Her security wouldn't let anyone take a picture with her, so I got someone in line to take a quick picture while I was talking with her. Oh and by the way all I remember saying to her was, "You are so lovely." What was I thinking, I guess I was too nervous to think clearly. I then got a signed picture with her and a cute little tote bag. I stayed and watched until everyone went through the line and she left. I think deep down I was hoping she would see me in the crowd and invite me to dinner with her or something crazy. (Silly, I know) It was a great experience, but I was very tired from driving and fatigued from not eating very well, so next time I see her, hopefully it will be even better!
See her boyfriend (now fiance) behind her, he actually is not that cute in person :/
(I look a little sickly in this picture because I literally felt as though I was going to pass out because I had not eaten in 9 hours, I couldn't justify leaving just to eat)
4 Thoughts:
You make me laugh! I'm glad you got to see her though and you can check one thing off your bucket list! :) Love the pictures!
I remember your love of Jessica-I can't believe you got to meet her! You two could definitely be best friends :)
I love the pics, wish I could've been there! I'm glad one of your fondest dreams happened
Yayy :) I so wish I could've come too.. it looks like it was fun! Glad you got pics with her. You are so cute. And YOU ARE THE LOVELY ONE!
Post a Comment