Recent Posts

Friday, August 20, 2010

Jared's 25th Birthday

Sadly enough Jared's 25th birthday was also the first day back to school for both of us. Earlier in the summer I had plans to throw a big bash, but with moving into our new place that sort of got thrown out the window. So the night before his birthday I was feeling a little bit like a "bad wife" because I hadn't planned one things...so the text messaging began. I began sending text messages to many of Jared's friends at 10:30p.m. to come over the next night for a "surprise" little birthday party. Many people agreed to come (even last minute) so the party was on.
The next morning (August 16th, the "birth-day") Jared woke up really early to play basketball at the Stake center and twisted his ankle really bad. Thankfully Matt Murray was there to save the day. So then Jared came home, we ate breakfast and off he left for work, limping.
(My first day of school was great and afterward I picked up some goodies to make these cute little cupcakes). Meanwhile Jared got off work and headed to night class. The guests arrived at 8:00p.m. because Jared was supposed to get out of class at 8:15. But then 8:15, 8:30, 8:35 passed and still no Jared, so I decided to give him a call. He told me after class he decided to go to the clinic where Matt Murray works, to get some therapy done on his ankle. So Jared didn't arrive until 9:00 and by that time I was feeling really bad that people had to wait, so I jokingly told everyone to ignore Jared when he walked in, it was pretty funny! Everyone liked the cupcakes and said it was worth the wait to wish Jared a happy birthday. After everyone left Jared said if he knew so many people were at the house he would have come straight from school, but hence "the surprise" I couldn't tell him. He continued to say that he was very grateful that everyone waited! I think it made his birthday!







1 Thoughts:

Cherelish said...

LOVE the cupcakes! I'm so making those for my roommates birthday! Katy, you always have the cutest ideas!