{Beware...this is a letter of complaint}
Dear Blonde-haired girl in my gym class,
I have noticed that when you set-up your area that you look up at yourself in the mirror every other second. I realize that every girl has a certain look they make when they're making sure they look good in the mirror, but the way you do it (raising your eyebrows and pursing your lips) and the frequency of when you do it is a little disturbing. The class is only an hour long and you mess with/fix your hair every 5-10 minutes, are you really that self-absorbed? Also you must have a billion urgent text-messages that you need to open and reply to immediately because you look at your phone more often than you fix your hair and look at yourself combined. Lastly, you randomly stop working out between every weight track song to take a break...whats up with that, its not that hard of a class (I know because i'm in it)? I believe I have caught on...I get it...you think your the most beautiful girl in the world and I guess you don't want to break a dirty sweat, but honestly I don't think your getting a good workout with all your "necessary breaks." I know it is none of my concern and after I write this letter I will get this out of my system and be over it, but in the mean time I am a little annoyed because I don't go to the gym to look pretty or impress anyone, I go to work out. While your making sure your hair looks nice, my hair is full of sweat...actually its soaked. While your making that "I look so good" face at yourself in the mirror, I'm looking at my red, tired, wet face in the mirror encouraging myself to push just a little harder. I wonder would you come to class if they didn't have mirrors or didn't allow cell phones? Hummm...I guess I would love to see a little more effort maybe...I don't know...there's not much else to say...
Sincerely,
Me
(a little unchristian, I know. But Phew, I feel much better now)
I'm sure some of you have encountered one of these types...
I have noticed that when you set-up your area that you look up at yourself in the mirror every other second. I realize that every girl has a certain look they make when they're making sure they look good in the mirror, but the way you do it (raising your eyebrows and pursing your lips) and the frequency of when you do it is a little disturbing. The class is only an hour long and you mess with/fix your hair every 5-10 minutes, are you really that self-absorbed? Also you must have a billion urgent text-messages that you need to open and reply to immediately because you look at your phone more often than you fix your hair and look at yourself combined. Lastly, you randomly stop working out between every weight track song to take a break...whats up with that, its not that hard of a class (I know because i'm in it)? I believe I have caught on...I get it...you think your the most beautiful girl in the world and I guess you don't want to break a dirty sweat, but honestly I don't think your getting a good workout with all your "necessary breaks." I know it is none of my concern and after I write this letter I will get this out of my system and be over it, but in the mean time I am a little annoyed because I don't go to the gym to look pretty or impress anyone, I go to work out. While your making sure your hair looks nice, my hair is full of sweat...actually its soaked. While your making that "I look so good" face at yourself in the mirror, I'm looking at my red, tired, wet face in the mirror encouraging myself to push just a little harder. I wonder would you come to class if they didn't have mirrors or didn't allow cell phones? Hummm...I guess I would love to see a little more effort maybe...I don't know...there's not much else to say...
Sincerely,
Me
(a little unchristian, I know. But Phew, I feel much better now)
I'm sure some of you have encountered one of these types...
4 Thoughts:
I totally know that type. lol. There was this girl that kept lifting her shirt after every 5 sit ups to check her abs. Meanwhile I'm running laps and about to die. I think what made me mad was that she actually HAD abs. I just kept saying, "Oh she has abs now but will 31 look as good on her as it does me?"
The answer, I told myself, was no. :o)
Mine was a cute red-head who must have recently purchased her slightly larger than her frame/always "happy to see you" boobs b/c she always wore a lacy bra (never a sports bra) and a thin tank top and took her spot in the front by the mirror for every class she came to. She pretty much stared at herself and her boobs the entire time- no sweating. Now that our gym has disbanded, I have run into said girl in town a couple of times and I actually miss having her to giggle at during group fitness.
Hahaha this is hilarious
Katy you seriously crack me up! I love that you wrote this because at some point or another we've all witnessed it and thought the exact same thing!!!
Post a Comment