Recent Posts

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"Someone Will Always Hate You"

I came across this on someone else blog and I thought it was quite fitting for some feeling that I have been experiencing lately (I changed it up a bit)...

"
I'm convinced that someone will always hate you,
and that it shouldn't really matter.

I'm convinced that for every 100-200 people who love you,
there is at least 1 who just won't.

Maybe they just don't understand you.

Maybe they just don't believe in, or are threatened by,
the things you represent.

Maybe they are jealous.

Maybe they are simply misguided.

Maybe they are just mean, evil, or selfish.

or just loudmouthed and insensitive.

Whatever it is . . . it really doesn't matter.

Someone always will.

misunderstand you.
neglect to appreciate your efforts.
have an opinion about the way you choose to live.
feel threatened by the things you represent.

or just plain HATE you
for one inexplicable reason or another.

But again, it doesn't really matter.

it really doesn't.

the thing I'm baffled by is this. . .

WHY do we (myself included) focus all our time and energy on the
ONE person that is giving us grief?

Why not the HUNDRED who love, support, celebrate and sustain us?

I'm convinced that someone will always hate you,
and that it shouldn't really matter."

This really spoke true to me in more ways than one. There are times that I don't care what people think, say, or feel about me, but there are other times that I yearn to be appreciated, liked, and loved. During those insecure times I find myself caught up in worrying about the person whom I think doesn't "like" me, when I would probably feel better if I was caught up in focusing on the people that love me and want me to succeed. After reading this I am going try and make it a goal to forget the negative people and focus on the positive 100+ people who uplift me and make me a better person because ultimately those people turn me closer toward my Heavenly Father and there no place else I'd rather be!

{The original was found here}

3 Thoughts:

Los McLains said...

I really like that Katy!! So true thanks for sharing that!! - C

The Clanton Gang said...

Who doesn't love you?? I just can't imagine anyone not seeing how sweet and wonderful you are! (Unless they're just too jealous to see it!)

Linds and Allen said...

We've discussed this matter before-you know I think you're fabulous just the way you are- and I am basically the be all and end all, so there...who else matters?! :)