After finally posting my California trip it reminds me again (as if I forgot) how much time I spending missing. Missing my sisters, missing Shaina and Chaz, missing the beach, missing good friends, missing being having the entire family together at holidays, missing with West, missing, missing, missing. When I came home from California I was exited to see Jared, but I was completely heart broken. Having not been with both my sisters at the same time since my wedding I had forgotten how much I need them in my life. With my sisters I am able to be myself. I can be crazy, silly, serious, and emotional and they love me just the same. I don't feel as though I need to screen my thoughts or opinions. I am not judged. I am just me and that's just enough! Don't get me wrong I feel the same way on a daily basis with Jared, but with sisters its different. I hate that we have to live over 2,000 miles away it is unfair. Sometimes I find myself very jealous of people that have always lived near their family. They get together with them weekly or monthly and are able to share and create memories that last forever. I am comforted in the gospel especially today with the things that were said in Conference. I have an eternal family and we have forever to be together to create our own memories, but sometimes that perspective just isn't enough. Often my Mom and I share these same thoughts but hers is from a motherly perspective, which I can only imagine to be more difficult. We often sit and talk about how our deepest desire it to be near our family and that Heavenly Father knows our desires and wants to grant them, but we have to rely on his timing. At least my mom, Ron, and David live close, I couldn't image if they lived in California too. I tell Jared that we need to either move to the west or make enough money so I can travel often to visit family. Family is a vital part of who I am. I am grateful for the opportunity I had in March to visit my family in California and can't wait to see them again. I am grateful for my family, it isn't large but we are all we have. I love my mother for raising us to be close and always emphasizing the importance of family. Thank-you Cassy, Chris, Chaz, Shaina, and Molly for one of the best vacations! I miss you and love you the whole world squished together and more!Read the sweet things that Cassy said about my trip here!
1 Thoughts:
Katy, I so get the Missing thing. We are fortunate that we are probably being stationed in Augusta where Eston will finally be finished with training. How wonderful that the job he chose is stationed out of Ga. I am so excited. California is def. a ways away from all your family. I am glad though that you see the blessings of the gospel and how families are forever. I love reading your blog. Just FYI!
Post a Comment