Recent Posts

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Stephanie and Janie's Surprise!

A few weeks prior I found out that my friends Stephanie and Janie were having a combined Birthday party and I wanted to do something for them, so I decided to use my new baking skills and bake them a cake. I wanted to test my skills by making an ice cream cake! I decided to make the cake with strawberry icecream, white cake batter, and yummy frosting topped with big juicy strawberries!



(Jared was my photographer, thanks babe)

Placing the strawberries

The cake was sort of melting at this point, so I had to add some quick leaves

Side Note: So once we put it on the cake stand we realized that we couldn't fit in back into the freezer, so we had to hurry and get to the party before it melted. Let me just tell you that for the first time ever I knew how Cake Boss people feel when they transport their precious cakes. I totally thought it was going to fall in the car. I kept telling Jared, "Drive faster....safely...easy on the turns....faster....faster" It was a little stressful! We finally got there and luckily it fit into Stephanie's freezer so it could freeze a little longer!

All the ladies at the party!

(The is the beautiful cake stand that Jared got me for my birthday, you can change out the ribbon for different occasions and everything...thanks babe...your the best)

Melting Cake, but not too bad for my first official cake (and ice cream too)
The Birthday Gals
Happy Birthday!
{For everyone who ate my cake...thanks! My cake wasn't the prettiest, but it got enough love and was completely eaten!}

2 Thoughts:

sug said...

love you and your cake-ing skills!

THE HATHCOCK'S said...

Love that cake stand! So cute!