Our Second and Last day of our trip we met up with Michael Lukow and his wife for lunch. We ate some yummy southern cookin' at the Black-eyed Pea! We were very fortunate to be able to meet one of Josh's good friends. Michael was also badly injured during his tour in Iraq. As a result he has a prosthetic leg and has to wear a brace on his other. We are so grateful for all the service men especially those who ere close to our Josh. I actually told him before he left that "Any friend of Josh's is a relative of ours" and I totally meant it. He had so many good stories and things to say about our Josh. The are no words to describe how it left us feeling...very re-connected to say the least.
Michael and Nickie Lukow, Jared and I
Nickie told us that Michael that he smile more for our pictures than he did at their own wedding...he's not too keen on picture taking
On the way back to Georgia we decided to take a scenic detour up to Lookout Mountain...
It was gorgeous!
I must say that I LOVE taking pictures with Jared...
I think I might one day create a book of all of our kissy pictures...and name it "The Real Art of Kissing"
Then we went to Ruby Falls, but we didn't know that you had to pay to see it, so we decided to save that for another trip!
What a great two day trip...Jean is so fun to travel with!

0 Thoughts:
Post a Comment