Recent Posts

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Kate The Plumber

Since August our only toilet stopped filling up on its own so we had to do it manually, turning the water supply off and on every time we needed to use the bathroom. We put the problem off because we didn't want to burden the owners of the house, but last week we finally told them and they, of course, had no problem purchasing a replacement fill valve...

Last night at 11:30p.m. while we were getting ready for bed I walked into the bathroom to find Jared "attempting" to replace the broken part, but he seemed to be having some trouble, so I watched and waited patiently. When midnight approached I said, "Do you mind if I step in to see if I can help?" Reluctantly, he surrendered his manly duty and let me try. Needless to say within 5 minutes I had it hooked up and working like magic. I turned to look up at Jared and I said, "You can just call me Kate The Plumber" with a roll of his eyes and the most satisfying smirk on his face he said, "Well I must say you are one of the hottest plumbers I've ever seen!"

Secretly I wanted to rub it in, but with that comment I just gave him a huge smile back! I was pretty proud of myself. Usually Jared is the handyman around the house, but not this time! GIRL POWER!
{Image via here}

5 Thoughts:

kali said...

Way to go!
Don't worry, Jared. You're only SLIGHTLY less of a man now! ;)

Emily Green said...

ha ha, I would have totally rubbed it in Jordan's face! Great job!

Charlotta-love said...

I love that the picture is of a girl wearing pink. Yep, that's the 'Kate' I know. :o)

Melanie said...

Glad you were able to find a picture! haha

Mary Ann said...

Sweet! I will have to give you a call next time we have trouble. Good for you for just smiling! (with that sweet comment, I'm sure it wasn't hard)