As Mandy Moore would say..."Nothing but Candy's in my pocket..." I have to admit that I have a bit of a candy fetish and not just for your typical M&M's or Reese Cups, I like the old school candy. I can defiantly blame my mom for this one...because she raised me on these certain types of candies we are ironically crazy about the same kinds. I can also blame the main supplier from my childhood which was the ice cream man who drove by my house in California everyday after school...I can still remember what the music from his truck sounded like coming around the corner. So because of my addiction, any time I'm in the vicinity of a candy store I have to stop in to see if any of my favorites are in stock. This especially gets out of hand when I'm on vacation...I always feel as though all the little candy shops call my name, so I've now made it tradition that when I'm out of town I try to pick up some of my favorite candies for me and my mom...this last trip to the beach led me to my greatest candy discovery yet which is pictured below...I honestly couldn't wait till I got home to show my mom...
That I had found MEGA BUTTONS....yes that's right...one of our favorite candies in GIANT size...
And here are some of my other favorites below....

Wax-o-Lips are soo good, they usually are only sold during Halloween though ps~who needs botox when you have these?
Lucas is defiantly a required taste, but none the less very tasty

War Heads...one of my favorite sour candies...I remember having competitions to see how many I could hold in my mouth at the same time

Pop-Rocks...who doesn't like them? They're one of the most fun candies...I can remember a lot of different experiments I tested on these







5 Thoughts:
We introduced Adrienne to poprocks the other day and she loved them. I, too, grew up on fun dip, candy lipstick, and candy cigarrettes. MMM, Candy!
I verify everthing Katy has said is true. Mom
I new someone out there had to eat all of this odd candy. Yuck! Still trying to figure out what Lucas is (besides oil). If it isn't chocolate, I'm probably not eating it. Although, I have gotten poprocks in my Christmas stocking on more than one occasion. Fun post.
I'm completely jealous about the GIANT candy buttons. They are soooo stinkin delicious.. but in GIANT form.. must be heaven :-) Pop rocks and fun dip... YUM! I also LOVE the wax bottles with different colored sugary juice in them. http://www.oldtimecandy.com/nik-l-nips.htm
Now you have made a pregnant woman fixate on old time candy.. not good... ;-)
All of those except the mexi one are favorites in our house too!
Post a Comment