Recent Posts

Friday, June 26, 2009

Ferrah and The King of Pop

When famous talented people pass I am always so intrigued...Jared thinks I'm crazy and I don't really get it myself, but with Ferrah Fawcett's story airing a few weeks ago and then her passing yesterday along with Michael Jackson I have not been able to keep my eyes off the television.

Just by watching Ferrah Fawcett's story and interviews on T.V. it seemed to me that Ferrah was a loving and sweet individual who cared deeply for her son and close friends. I was a bit sadden when I watched the Barbara Walters tribute to Ferrah last night because Ferrah's love of her life Ryan O'Neal said that his purpose in life right now is to take care of Ferrah and he believed that she would survive the cancer, so he could continue to take care of her. And now to have lost her...I can only imagine...she will truly be missed by her closest friends and family.

When I found out Michael Jackson passed it was very shocking...I immediately called my sister because I knew she would be equally shocked as I was. I know I didn't grow up during the chuck of his popularity, but I HAVE grown up listening to his music. Despite the allegations against his personal life he was truly talented and was given the gift of music, dance, and creativity. The biggest tragedy is that with his London tour coming up he may have been able to redeem his name that had been torn apart in recent years. Even though he is now passed I will continue to listen to his GREAT music and always be in awe of his influence in music and more importantly pop culture.



I could say more, but I think I will leave it at that....

2 Thoughts:

Charlotta-love said...

06.25.09 ~ The world lost an angel and a king.

J & J said...

i don't think you're a creeper AT ALL. comment again and leave me your email! i swear you look familiar. weird huh.