First off...I will say no I did not vote for Barack Obama, but I CAN set aside my beliefs and take part in an historic day for our country. With that being said yes I did watch the Inauguration! It was very exciting to be able to view all of the festivities take place via television. One of my favorite parts of the ceremony (aside from the Inauguration speech) was the performance of "Air and Simple Gifts" composed by the popular John Williams. If you don't recognize the composer he has written themes for such movies as Superman (the antique), Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Jaws, Harry Potter, and many more! If you missed it you must click on the you tube video I have posted below! As I listened to the beautiful music it sent chills down my spine and made me contemplate how fortunate I am to live in a free country and have all of the liberties I am able to enjoy! Now as for the title of this post...I continued to watch the Inauguration events last night when President Obama and the First Lady traveled to all the Inaugural balls. One newspaper described it perfectly when they said "Michelle Obama debuted a one-shoulder gown by Jason Wu, a Taipei-born designer in his 20s. The gown, was made especially for the first lady, was silk chiffon embellished with organza and Swarovski crystal rhinestones and silver thread embroidery. Its chiffon skirt had a bit of a train that swayed ever-so-slightly as the couple danced to Etta James' "At Last." I agree Barack and Michelle were picturesque when they danced to Beyonce version of "At Last" it was defiantly a sight to see. She looked soo beautiful and elegant! If someone where to sew some sleeves on it then I would get married all over again to have that dress (not really but you get the point).If you missed that also, you can click on the other you tube video I posted below! And I must say that I agree with the fashion reports....she is going to make a statement!
2 Thoughts:
I'm with you--i didn't vote for obama, but i am proud to live in a county where a black man can be voted into office. that says a lot about america!
John Williams!!! Yay :) He wrote music for Indiana Jones too!
Post a Comment