Recent Posts

Monday, July 7, 2008

Hockey Tournament

Jared has been playing ball hockey at our local YMCA since January and loves it. He gets together with a bunch of guys 3 days a week to play. Now you might be wondering...what is ball hockey? It is regular hockey, but on your feet (with tennis shoes of course) because they don't have the funds to purchase roller blades. The Y ended up having such a good group of guys that they were invited to play in a ball hockey tournament in Port Richey Florida, which is right by Tampa. So in June Jared, Jason Fitzpatrick (one of Jared's friends), and I went to Florida for the weekend tournament. At first they felt a little intimidated by the other teams because they looked a little more experienced, but soon enough they showed them who's boss. In a span of three days they played 13 games and were VERY tired. We ate Subway at every meal because it was cheep, filling, and wouldn't make them queezy. They even walked away winning the Recreation Division Championship, which was COMPLETELY awesome, I was very proud of my man and his team! They got a trophy and brand new HUGE hockey bags for winning! I had so much fun watching how aggressive and competitive the guys got. Jared even got to throw a couple shorties into the wall, by accident of course! I even got to fit in some shopping and a little beach time. All in all it was a very good experience that we would like to do again.
Jared and Jason before the tournament began.

Jason, Jared, Mark

The Team

The Athens Players!

Jason and Jared with the Trophy and just a LITTLE sweat

"We are the champions my friends...."

Lisa and I

She was the only girl player in the tournemanet and we were lucky enough to have her on our team and she ROCKED!

3 Thoughts:

Natalie said...

Oh I am so proud of your hubby, way to go Jared!!!

Charlotta-love said...

Go Jared! Um, and go wash that shirt!

Mary Ann said...

That looks like alot of summer fun! Katy, has anyone ever told you that you look like Cameron Diaz? I was watching her in a movie last night and thought that you looked alike.