Recent Posts

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Surgery Pictures

Post-Operation

Surgery Day...I'm a little sedated in this picture


In this picture you can sort of see how my left cheek sticks out so much because of the tumors



After Surgery



A little closer look at the stitches and first drain



"umm your face is a little swollen"



In the New York Emergency Room...the pressure had gotten so hard my skin couldn't stretch anymore and it really began to hurt



In the E.R. they stuck me with a needle and drain some of the liquid to releave the pressure so I could return home to see my doctor



It was so swollen my ear curved over the bump, I could hardly stick a Q-tip in my ear because my ear canal was squashed


The day after I came home from New York


My wrapped head...I look amish....but a week and a half after this picture things looked up and now I'm back to normal

10 Thoughts:

Krista said...

Oh Katy, I'm so glad you're better now! That doesn't look like fun AT ALL! So... are they gone forever now?

Anonymous said...

Boy am I glad that's behind you and NO MORE! We made it.

Love you, MOM

Anonymous said...

P.S. YOU WERE THE MOST BRAVEST PERSON I KNOW. YOUR POSITIVE ATTITUDE REALLY HAS HELPED YOU THRU A LOT IN LIFE.

HUGS MOM

JR said...

Wow- what a month!
Cassy told me a little bit about all this and so you have been in our prayers. I am VERY glad to hear the good news and good recovery.
Hugs and kisses ~ Jackie

Mary Mitchell said...

Oh my goodness! Thanks for taking pictures of it all - it's hard to imagine how bad it was until you see the pictures. That's insane!! You make it sound like it wasn't that big of a deal - I totally agree with your mom, you are SO positive! I'm glad you're better - you'll have to post some pictures of your face now that it's back to normal. Let me know if you need anything!

Mary Ann said...

Holy cow! I can't express how I feel for you looking at the pictures. Wow. You are definitely a trooper. heaven bless you!

Amber said...

WOW! I'm so glad you're healing and recovering. I knew you were having complications, but I didn't realize how serious it was! Let me know if you need anything.

ps. You're pictures are amazing!

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...

Katy, even though you've undergone, surgery after surgery and millions of doctors appts, I am amazed how you look adorable in every picture. Also, I can't believe how distorted your head looked while it was swollen, I had no idea that it actually swelled the size of a tenis ball, I thought you were exagerating!

Charis said...

Oh my goodness what an ordeal... and in NY. I am glad the worst is over though and you are recovering.

I just have to say though - you seriously look cute in all of your picturs - even with your face swollen.