Recent Posts

Friday, April 18, 2008

Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day

Do you recognize this book? This is one of my favorite books growing up and now it brings all new meaning in my life. Yesterday I had a day like Alexander in this book. As most of you know I take of the sweetest girl, but she has special needs. I feed, bathe, walk her etc. and sometimes I spend the night at her house when her mother has to go out of town. Well this week her mother is out of town, thankfully there are other girls that take care of her also so I don't have to spend the night every night, but yesterday at 11:00a.m. I got a call from her school and they told me she had a fever of 100.5 and wondered if there was any way I could pick her up earlier than I normally do which is 2:00p.m. I was on campus and just finished my class so I cancelled my plans I had before 2:00 and drove in a hurry to pick her up (35miles away). When I picked her up she seemed to be fine, so I took her over to my house where we often go to play. So we took a nap together and then I fed her lunch around 3:00. I noticed as I fed her lunch that something smelt bad, but I figured she had gas. So after we finished lunch I took her to the potty and sure enough she had pooped ALL over the place in her diaper, up the front and back. So I proceeded to put her in the tub and rinse her off because I knew that wipes wouldn't have done the job. Oh did I mention she's almost 16 years old, so yes she has adult bale movements. Anyways she liked the water on her in the tub and laughed through the whole thing. Then I dressed her and put her in the living room and went to take a shower because I had a jewelry party to go to that night. I was going to take one after school, but I unexpectedly had to pick her up and I knew I wouldn't have time to take one after my shift which ended at 5:30p.m. So ANYWAYS upon getting out of the shower I slipped and cut my toe. OUCH! After it stopped bleeding I started to dry my hair while checking on Katie (the girl I take care of) every 5 minutes to make sure she's o.k. But while I keep checking on her I noticed that the living room smelt like poop, but I notice I left her dirty diaper in a grocery bag in the living room, so for the meantime I put it outside. Then I went to check on her again and it still smelt, so I walked over to her and she had pooped again, but this time it was ALL over her pants, shirt, feet, and the worst part MY CARPET, and not just a little spot. It was actually four big spots and she had rolled in them all, so they were FIRMLY pressed.So I CALMLY picked her up (she weighs 95lbs. a little heavy) and placed her in the tub and gave her a bath. Of course she loved the bath and laughed the entire time which calmed my frustration, but I couldn't get the picture of my poopy carpet out of my mind. So to cut the story short....Jared thank full works for a carpet cleaning company so last night he not only cleaned the poop up perfectly, but also cleaned all the rest of our carpet which was needed it badly. So my horrible day turned out to be good. Sorry for my long venting story. Now looking back it is quite funny, but all I can say is...If I can handle that from a 16 year old when I have babies of my own its going to be a breeze.

6 Thoughts:

Krista said...

I love you Katy!! Seriously, I admire you for doing what you do! I look at you and wonder if I could do that myself. It's totally different when it's your own child, you don't even think twice; but for another (almost) adult, I think it would be hard!! I so admire you for helping someone else do what they can't do for themselves. And HOW BLESSED ARE YOU for being married to a carpet cleaning hunk of burning love?!?! That's so great. I was dreading the part of the story where you had to clean it all yourself. You are a super woman to me!

Krista said...

And also, I LOVE that book!! It was def. one of my faves growing up!! AND. I Love Kate Nash!!! Too fun, we are more similar than I ever knew. What would we do without you, Blogspot?!? ;) Love you!

Mary Mitchell said...

Haha! Oh my goodness you are a tough woman! If you can do that, baby diapers will be NO problem. You are amazing!

Charlotta-love said...

I was going to say the same thing you said: if you can handle katy, having children will be a walk in the park. :o)

Tiffany said...

I love that book! Russ read it to me when we were dating when I had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. It made it better.

Jaime said...

Katy,
I found your blog from Sarah's blog (found hers from my friend Katie Flynn), and just wanted to say congrats to you and Jared! It was good to see ya last summer at Alex's wedding. Your haircut is so cute, too! You'll have to check out my blog, just click on my name and you can get to it. Take care!! Waxters