Recent Posts

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Helen Day 3

On our last day we packed up the cabin and headed for a day full of adventuring before we had to drive home...

This is a drawing of our cabin that was above the fireplace

Goodbye Cypress :(


Downtown Helen


Love the German style

After driving through downtown Helen we decided to keep heading up the mountain to see where it took us

Around and around....up and up....my ears were defiantly popping and we found ourselves at the bottom of Brasstown Bald {The height point in Georgia}

It was FREEZING...LITERALLY...and Jared didn't pack a hat, so he wrapped his head in his t-shirt...it was so funny I couldn't stop laughing, but then I had too because my face was so cold that it hurt to laugh

I look happy, but I couldn't feel my hands or feet

You can't drive to the top, you have to park your car and walk 1.5 miles, which isn't long, but when it's freezing, it seems a little much
But when you reach this sign you know you've made it

View from the West

View from the North

View from the South

View from the East

At the VERY top

Our faces are a little swollen

There was snow at the top

and HUGE icicles


YIKES

Resting on the mountain

I'm not taller than Jared, but I'm taller than the mountain





An original wagon trail that went over the mountain

Bye Bye

Then we went to Hiawassee, which was very beautiful

Then we went to Babyland General Hospital

Babyland General Hospital is where the Cabbage Patch Dolls are born







New Cabbage Patch Babies

Cabbage Patch Tree of Life
[I told Jared that maybe we should get one because it might be the closest thing we get to having a baby for awhile, but we decided against it]
Our trip was RELAXING and very ENJOYABLE!
We want to go back very soon for a weekend trip!
We can't thank Jean and James enough!

1 Thoughts:

Melanie said...

Two things...Is that the new baby land hospital? I don't remember it looking like that! haha Also Hiawassee is like 5 minutes from where my parents live so you were in there neck of the woods...What did ya'll do there, especially in winter? I am always so bored when I go up there! haha

Great vacation! Looked like fun!