Recent Posts

Friday, September 25, 2009

Too Excited....

I am in my 4th year of school at the University of Georgia
Most of the people I graduated High School with will be graduating from College this coming May
I'm NOT
I have wanted to be an Elementary School Teacher since third grade
This semester I was finally able to apply to my major {Early Childhood Education}
This major is one of the most competitive at UGA, around 120 people usually apply only 60 get in, and its ranked 4th in the Nation.
I was TOTALLY worried about not getting in, but....
I GOT IN!!!
The program is two years long
I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel...
I will be graduating December 2011
1 1/2 years off but I'm okay with that
So thank.you to all those who have contributed to my dream of becoming a teacher

{I made these little bags filled with cookies for those special people who directly contributed to my admittance into the program}

9 Thoughts:

Krista said...

Cute bags!! And most of all CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's so awesome for you Katy, I can absolutely see you as a teacher. I would enroll Thatcher in your class every year if I could! You're going to be the best! Good luck with the next couple years!!

Linds and Allen said...

Congrats, Katy! I love teaching my students everyday, and when that changes, I'll find another job. I hope you find teaching the little kiddies to be just as much fun as I have teaching the big kiddies. Good luck with school.

Chris said...

BIG HUG AND KISS FROM YOU MAMA! Like da, I'm your biggest fan and you will be the best teacher ever!I'm so proud of you for setting this goal and going for it, especially getting into this program. See, my darling, the sky is the limit for you. "Aint no stoppin you now,you're on the move"
xoxo Mom

Mary Ann said...

Congrats Katy! That is great! How exciting to finally be able to get into your program and see your graduation date, even if it is in the future! What an accomplishment.
Cute goodie bags!

Charlotta-love said...

We'll be walking together! Congrats on seeing the light.

The Clanton Gang said...

Congrats!! I'm happy for you!!

Unknown said...

Hi Katy, I am really happy you are doing so well. Tell Jarod Aunt Robin says Hi! We will be visiting at Thanksgiving and I hope we get to see you both at some point while we are there. Love, Robin

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

CONGRATS KATY!!!!! You'll do awesome:)

shawna henrie said...

first of all, congratulations!! second, you and your sister must have gotten the super duper creative gene (dont know about molly...is she creative too??) anyhow, darling little thank you! you must have gotten all of these wonderful traits from your super talented mom!! cute blog, btw!