Recent Posts

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fruity Cheesecake Goodness

I found this recipe on one of my favorite food blogs...Belly Good Food...I brought it to a football party {hence the red.black for Georgia Bulldogs} and it was a complete hit, they were devoured! The recipe is simple and easy....


Savannah Cheesecake Squares
(from Paula Deen from Food Network Magazine Nov/Dec 2008)

Makes approx 24 "cookies"
.1 c all purpose flour.
.1/4 c brown sugar.
.1 c chopped pecans.
.1 stick butter, melted.
.2 8-oz cream cheese, softened.
.1 c sugar.
.3 eggs1 tsp vanilla or almond extract {I used almond}.
.Garnishments {strawberries and frozen blackberries}.
Preheat oven 350 degrees.
Combine flour, brown sugar and pecans in a mixing bowl. Slowly pour in melted butter and mix until dough forms. Press into UNGREASED 9x13 pan {it will seem pretty thin}. Bake until lightly brown (12-15 min). Remove from oven.WHILE crust is baking, using electric mixer combine cream cheese and granulated sugar until smooth. Add eggs and extract. Beat well. Pour over crust and bake for 20 min {center should be set}. Cool completely, cut into squares and decorate.
Suggestion: If you don't want to decorate them with fruit you could use chocolate syrup, caramel, strawberry syrup, cool whip, etc. {you could get really creative}
And check out Belly Good Food her recipes are very managable

2 Thoughts:

The Clanton Gang said...

Yummy! Can't wait to try them!

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

Those look AMAZING!!! I'll have to try them