Lately, while at school, I have been noticing that my back is bothering me and I completely fault my bookbag. In the past I used this....
Totally cute Fossil Weekender satchel. This was very stylish, but all the weight of my books, binders, and sometimes my laptop, was on one shoulder....OUCH! Talk about weighing you down...So I switched to....
my lovely hot pink Jansport that I used in High School, but it doesn't have good back support either. I have been contemplating this issue for some time now and decided that I need a new backpack! I'm afraid that if I don't I may have to resort to buying one of these...
ROLLER PACKS....ahh...talk about ugly and dorky.So please help me! I would like to find something that is afforable, able to carry all my books+laptop, possibly cute, and is back friendly because I really don't want to end up looking like....

Quasimoto {The Hutchback of Notre Dame}!
If you have any suggestions of good brands or ideas of what worked for you or someone else let me know!
4 Thoughts:
So I haven't been in the schooling scene in a few years BUT I can totally relate to the need for a good bag. I loved my llbean backpack (not sure if they hold laptops) REI also makes a few packs that I would totally recommend; however, I would say it's best to go to the store and try them on rather than picking online. Good Luck!(you can look online at rei.com and go to luggage and day bags)
At some point we all realize that form is more important than fashion. It's a good thing designers are realizing this and staring to make a lot more stylish comfortable products for women. I'm with Amanda, from highschool thru undergrad I always carried an LLBean backpack. Now I have an REI "Lookout" pack that I use for hiking and I really like it. It has good back/shoulder support, they make it for reg and tall torsos and I carried the dang thing all over Scotland and Ireland this summer with no pain. Packs from both of these places will be a little pricey, but well worth the money. I also attribute much of my better back these days to getting adjustments from the chiropracter that is marrying my sister. :) Good luck!
Look for a backpack where the straps are set about shoulder width apart, this will help distribute the weight you are carrying, lessening the pain. Jansport backpacks usually have their straps pretty close together. Look at Staples and Office Depot, they carry some good backpacks like Swiss and Under Armour which are a little more affordable. Good luck!!
-Amy Bradford
NORTH FACE!
Post a Comment