Recent Posts

Monday, August 10, 2009

Charleston.South Carolina

For our 2nd anniversary we took a 3 day.2night trip to Charleston, South Carolina...Jared had never been, so it was exciting to show him around and to be with him in this historic and romantic city.

After getting into town in the late afternoon our first stop was FOOD...

While walking in downtown Charleston trying to find a good place to eat I spotted this photo in the restaurant window of Sticky Fingers...I looked at Jared and while rolling his eyes he said, "I guess we're eating here..." And he was absolutely right!

I must say...Jessica did have a good suggestion because their BBQ sauce was the best I've ever tasted...

and Jared loved the ribs...just look at those "Sticky Fingers"

And then...being the smart tourist we are....we snagged a coupon book from the hotel which give us a free peach cobbler from Sticky Fingers....looking at it makes my mouth water

Then we went for a stroll around Battery Park where Jared found his {canon} balls...

and we both enjoyed the coastal breeze and view...not to mention the beautiful southern houses

Then....on our second day we woke up early enough so that we could take the first ferry to Ft. Sumter

On the Ferry...




I thought this was pretty & neat....this is a picture of one of the walls inside Ft. Sumter where they used broken shells to make cement


Holes...such as this....is where they shot canons out of to defend the Fort


Our ferry...if you want to learn more about Fort Sumter visit here



Later...after shopping on King's Street for a few hours we decided to try out Hyman's Seafood which was recommended by many locals as the best seafood in Charleston

and well...after many rounds of boiled peanuts...crabs cakes...salmon...fries...and hush puppies...this is how we felt...
COMPLETELY SATISFIED AND STUFFED



After resting our bellies for a bit...we were SUPER pumped for our late night Ghost tour


Getting our scared faces ready


We realized we may have gotten there a little too early so we took it out on the camera...

Jared's attempt at a "creepy" face


My attempt at "I'm innocent" face

The haunted jail itself




So after completing the tour we pretty much concluded that it was a COMPLETE waste of money...not scary at all because what used to be an old jail is now renovated and occupied by the American College of the Building Arts...yes the third floor held the dean's office and there were students workshops in the basement...not so scary :(
On our last day we spent the morning strolling the Charleston Market...a must do...

This is Jared and I sporting on NEW SHADES we purchased at The Market

{hey good lookin'}

Then we went for a drive to find a good beach and wound up in The Isle of Palms...where we might spend out next vacay...the water was warm and the area was just right...

Then we left taking our infamous "foot shot"
Overall the vacation was perfect...just not long enough

5 Thoughts:

Amanda and Daniel McLain said...

What a coincidence... when we had the McLain Girls Weekend.. we went to the SAME restaurants :-) Hyman's and Sticky Fingers!! We decided we need to go make a trip to Sticky Fingers in Macon with our hubbies so they can enjoy it too! Looks like you two had fun!

Emily Green said...

I'm so jealous!!! How fun!

Linds and Allen said...

I agree with amanda, it's like I just relived my own Charleston girls weekend from earlier in the summer. We loved Sticky Fingers and our cute little waiter Josh was awesome! He made the best cherry coke in the world! Fun times.

Los McLains said...

YEAH FOR STICKY FINGERS!!!!

Lacey said...

The only way I know I have creepers is because sometimes people under "anonymous" or just people I don't know will comment weird things on my blog. Also, Seth was at work talking to his boss (who I don't know!!!) and was telling her something, and she said " Oh I already know, I read your wife's blog." I don't know this lady and I HAVE NO IDEA how she found our blog. I just find it creepy that people I don't know read my blog regularly. ---weird!!